Recently volunteers, Chris Hume and Debby Lytle (CP Community Labyrinth committee members), and Shelly Sammon (labyrinth neighbour) erected a mini Bunk-style split rail fence at the Carleton Place Community Labyrinth.
Constructed with donated materials and under the expert guidance of Eugene Fytche, local author of "400 Years of Log Fences"
(see article on pg. 3), the fence will help provide a bit more privacy for Labyrinth walkers.
|The pieces of the split rail fence (kindly donated to the labyrinth) ready for assembly.|
|Split rail fence expert, Eugene Fytche, measuring twice to make sure the fence is in the right location.|
|A tough job - digging the holes for the support posts.|
|Debby and volunteer Shelly, laying the fence rails, narrow end first.|
|The final step - wiring the fence posts together. No fence wire wasted - by the master!|
|The finished "mini-bunk" split rail fence. We have a new respect for the hard-working pioneers of Lanark County that built these fences back in the 1800's!|
The labyrinth is always open and is situated behind the Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum on Edmund Street in Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada. We hope to meet you on the path sometime soon!
Post a Comment